Special Events in Rancocas
Famous Rancocas Baked Ham Supper!
Saturday, May 2, 2015
Rancocas Community Center
Serving 4 p.m. to 7 p.m.
Seniors 65 yrs.+: $12.00
Children 4 yrs to 12 yrs: $7.00
Take Out Available: $12.00
prices subject to change
Sponsored by the Rancocas Civic Association
The Ham Dinner is one of the biggest fundraisers next
to the Christmas House Tour. The proceeds are vital to keeping our Community Center going.
The Community Center is a very important part of our Village. There is much work and planning to be
done so that this Center will always be a part of our community. We want every one to be a part of
it. This is your future! At this time it might not look like a lot of work has been done
since we have taken over charge of the building, but we are making progress.
In the past, we have asked people of the Village to please help at
any time they were able. But, now we would like to hear from you as to when you can help. Many of the same
people show up for what they always do, and then there are times when something comes up, and they aren't able
to make it. If you know that you're not going to be there, please call Janet 267-4996.
Schedule for the Ham Dinner:
- Thursday evening, April 30, 7:00 p.m.: set up tables and chairs, clean bathrooms and anything
else that might need to be cleaned.
- Friday morning, May 1, 9:00 a.m.: cook and peel sweet potatoes. Bring a friend! We'll be done before
noon with many hands. The more the merrier!
- Friday evening, May 1, 6:00 p.m.: Essential! Essential because the more people we have the
earlier we all can go home:
- Peel and cut white potatoes. We also will be slicing sweet potatoes.
- We also will need people to set tables in the dining room. As we all know, the more we can do on Friday
evening, the less we have to do on Saturday.
- Friday evening, May 1, 7:00 p.m.: We are asking anyone who will be serving in the dining room on
Saturday to please stop down at the Center for table assignment.
- Saturday morning, May 2nd
- 8:00 a.m.: open the hams so that they are ready to be delivered to the homes by 9:30 a.m.
- 9:00 a.m.: prepare items for the dinner. Also, we will need to set up the take-out counter.
Many things need to be done from Friday morning into Saturday. Please call Janet (609-267-4996)
if you can bake a ham.
- 3:00 p.m.: We need everyone to be at the Center by 3:00 p.m. to have everything
ready to go by 4:00 p.m.
- Saturday p.m.: 7:00 p.m. Help is needed after the dinner to take down tables, chairs,
wash pots, etc.
Ages for children to work:
10 years or younger must have a parent with them.
11 or older in the dining room as servers
13 or older in the kitchen for the take-out window
RancocasNJ.org © 2012, D. Galeone
The copyright of all images and materials remains with the creators.